Thursday, October 30, 2014

How Can You Not Love Pumpkins??

My favorite part of the the Season's festivities is going and picking a pumpkin to carve! If anyone lives around Portland, Sauvies Island is a great place to find the perfect pumpkin. I went on a cloudy day last week with my roommates. We each took our time picking out the perfect pumpkin. I don't know about you but I'm picky. I don't like pumpkins with warts, or oval shaped. I like them perfectly round and fat with a burnt orange color! It was definitely chilly but that is the perfect weather for a fall outing.


After obtaining the perfect pumpkin we spent hours on Pinterest trying to figure out what to carve. I don't know about you but I'm no pro at carving! I always do the normal easy scary face with a big smile. I wanted to do something different! I decided to carve a minion!  I love the movie despicable me and they are so cute! They run around chanting "banana", so random yet so fitting for their character! I found a stencil online and tried my best to copy it. After 45 min my pumpkin was complete! From certain angles it looks good! Others are a little iffy, it was hard! But I'm still proud that I went out of my comfort zone and tried something fun. I love my pumpkin and can't wait to put my candle inside and leave it on my porch for Halloween. 


No comments:

Post a Comment