Tuesday, November 4, 2014

The Big "T"

Alright all you foodies we are now in November! Moving along with all things fall you all know what important Holiday is to come, Thanksgiving! Thanksgiving is the time for family and being thankful for all that you have. But of course my mind can't help but wander to all the food. Thanksgiving dinner is held all around the world in some fashion for families to enjoy. Mom's and grandmas pull out their famous recipes for stuffing, mashed potatoes, pumpkin pie; only the best dishes are served.




All morning you slave away in the kitchen making sure the turkey comes out just right. Football or parades are going on in the background off the t.v. The mouths of all the children are trying to patiently await for the table to be set. That is basically how this day is pictured in my mind. I love gathering for Thanksgiving with my family, it is definitely loud. Trying to watch movies or have a conversation is belted over by my grandparents speaking to each other in Spanish. Thanksgiving in my opinion is so family oriented. You get to see that cousin or aunt that you may not get to spend as much time with as you like. It really is just one big celebration with tons of food.

      Not going to lie I try to wear yoga pants because I know the amount of food I will be consuming is out of this world. When I first started helping with the cooking I was always in charge of the green bean casserole. To this day it is just tradition for me to make up that dish all on my own, I love it. Coming into the season I just hope to remind you guys that family is everything. They may get on your nerves and you might want to kill them at times. But family is family.....no matter what they have your back. Be thankful for the life that you live, it may not be all sun shine and roses all the time. But in this crazy world I bet someone has it worse. Love what you have, embrace what is to come, and cherish every moment. Happy Holidays everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment